Better System Trader Podcast
The Better System Trader Podcasts, hosted by Andrew Swanscott, are a great resource for systematic traders of all levels. Andrew has done an excellent job in pulling together some of the best and brightest in the quantitative trading world, and this week he was gracious enough to invite me on to his show.
Listen below to hear us discuss:
- Rotational trading – entries, exits and managing risk
- Methods to measure momentum in trend following strategies
- The impact of stop losses in trading systems and alternatives to managing risk
- Tips to position sizing without a stop loss
- Using dynamic profit targets to reduce risk and increase return
- Why drawdown is not a single number
- Using Monte Carlo analysis as a dynamic position sizing tool
- Methods to determining current system health
- Factors to consider when creating a system health metric
- Choosing the right Backtesting metrics and using them in live trading
- Five factors to consider when choosing a strategy to suit your personality
- Anticipating trading signals, the benefits, challenges and solutions
- How to anticipate trading signals without reverse-engineering indicators
If you have any feedback or questions, please leave a note in the comments below.
I was lucky enough to get started on my systematic trading journey as a student of Howard Bandy, and I still think that many of his approaches which I’ve adopted are sound. Please check out his site. He also has some fantastic books on the subject for anyone thinking of self-study. If you’re interested in a more collaborative approach to learning, then check out my own System Development Training Programme.